Thursday, February 08, 2007

Unhappy meals

This long and fascinating article in the New York Times comes so close to my dormant interests in food and sustainable agriculture and I agree with absolutely everything he has to say on what has become such a tired topic--how to eat healthily. He has it all right as far as I am concerned about eating real food and escaping all the fads and also seeing food as more than nutrition but as a part of culture and relationships.


Here is the link: Unhappy meals



And while I am on this subject let me also encourage my very small circle of readers to see the movie An Incovenient Truth. I feel that the two subjects are so related--our physical and spiritual health and the health of our entire planet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES - inconvenient truth was GREAT. and scary.

Have you ever heard of compacting?

3:53 PM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Big Iguana said...

Yes - a great article - Michael Plen has written some wonderful stuff about food - also another writer, Marion Nestle who is a nutitionist has done very similar work - I'm reading her book "What to Eat" which is also fantastic. Will share it with you later on!

7:01 AM, February 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home