Wednesday, August 23, 2006

World Music

I love to find things that I love :)

I LOVE this online radio program that i have discovered. love love love it...

go here

http://www.putumayo.com/radio.html

and click "listen now"

i just just borrowed a CD from the public library that i listened to and listened to and never tired of called "Music from the Coffeelands" and it was from this show and i discovered the two completely independently of each other...

well not completely independently...my love of world music kind of led me to both.

while i am on the topic i would also like to recommend the fabulous music of



amadou and mariam
http://www.amadou-mariam.com/

amadou and mariam are both amazing musicians, they are married and they are both blind... i am a tremendous fan.

they were introduced to me by dear Georges, my friend, the Belgian demographer who is a lover of Africa too and who has devoted his life to researching the AIDS epidemic there.

1 Comments:

Blogger leila said...

dear child of africa,

ta for tripping over to my blog. sorry you found such a negative review of a movie you really liked---i found a very few scenes enjoyable, but i really was disappointed with it. too disjointed for a saturday night, possibly.

anyway, the review HERE is great! i went to the link for amadou and mariam, but couldn't listen to any of the music they have on their site! is there somewhere else i can go?

love from leila

10:40 AM, September 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home