Friday, June 15, 2007

"Become ye more illumined"

I returned from China on May 29 and dear friends Joa, Sham and Arian were there as always to welcome me and shower their light, love, warmth and friendship on me which usually includes feeding me as well. They organized a nice little outdoor dinner in the warm spring evening.

Arian had something to share about what he knows about China.



I have often had the privilege of joining them for their evening family devotions and Arian is also now able to sing an entire prayer in Chinese.

上帝啊!指引我,保护我, 点亮我的心灯。使我成为灿烂的明星。你是全能者,全权者。
shang di a! zhiyin wo. baohu wo. dianliang wo de xindeng. shi wo chengwei canlan de mingxing. ni shi quannengzhe, quanquanzhe.

"O God guide me, protect me, illumine the lamp of my heart and make me a brilliant star. Thou art the mighty and the powerful." 'Abdu'l-Baha

A couple of nights ago Arian sang the prayer perfectly from beginning to end all on his own. A small accomplishment really considering he is already fluent in Icelandic, Farsi and English and knows many prayers in all three of these languages already.

Not sure when I will have the privilege of joining them for evening prayers again. They are leaving leaving and I DON'T know what I will do without them next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Iguana said...

It's been so wonderful having you share in our home, and we will miss you too! I hope we can come to CT to visit your family before we go! lots of hugs from all of us. SJ&A

8:39 PM, June 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home