Tuesday, December 18, 2007

happy holidays

thanks to dear dear friends and colleagues I am getting all my holiday celebrations in this year. I was invited to Hannukkah dinner with the magical family of a colleague in their large and rambling home in Montclair, NJ. It was a delight to meet
Maya

and Kai




and to watch the menorah being lit accompanied by songs. we then feasted on a traditional Russian "peasant" meal that included



potato latkes and brisket. Delicious! Then there were gifts for the kids. it was such a wonderful cultural experience for me and I was so grateful to have been invited. here is a little documentary of lighting the menorah. it starts out VERY dark but the light comes as the menorah is lighted.





I have also been immersed in Christmas spirit. dear Krista invited me to Princeton this weekend and we went out to a little square in downtown Princeton where there is a huge Christmas tree and many lights all around. Student acapella groups sang Christmas carols like my favorite Silent Night. And each group seemed to have a humorous song to offer as well, much to the delight of the crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home