Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Beautiful African Women

Peter Gabriel and Youssou Ndour sing a song called "Shaking the tree" in celebration of women's liberation and empowerment. "WOMAN let your new life start!"



One of the many wonderful songs that abound in popular global culture that have a positive message in keeping with the New Age of social justice and inevitability of world peace that are collected together by George Wesley Dannells, a DJ extraordinaire, on his Facebook page where I have become a frequent visitor to acquaint myself with these songs.

3 Comments:

Blogger GWD said...

I love the song and the video, Chil'.

Thank you again for all of your encouragement on Facebook. (You are also a hard task-master, ha!)

This afternoon I sent out 75 invitations to Pierce County Baha'is to join Facebook and 3 have already joined. That makes you a Facebook ...grandmother!?

11:45 PM, November 08, 2007  
Blogger child_of_africa said...

ha! I was JUST boasting this evening for the first time as being the person who brought you to Facebook. I was doing this among some of your blog readers over here in Highland Park, NJ. And we played a song "Promised One is Come" at our little devotional gathering. I had found it on your facebook page and dedicated it to Leif and he pulled out his computer to play it for us all much to everyone's delight and it generated much laughter and smiles. The first thing he told me when I saw him today was that he had watched the "Where is the love?" video on my blog.

11:52 PM, November 08, 2007  
Blogger child_of_africa said...

That should say "The Promised Day is Come"...AND i wanted to say I am so tickled at being called Chil' :)

11:55 PM, November 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home