Monday, July 23, 2007

A few of Hannah's Favorite Things

Little Hannah left this world a few days ago. Her funeral is today. I only know her through the blogging community. Her mother has been keeping a blog about Hannah and her little sister Lily. Hannah taught everyone awareness of wonder, beauty and magic. Some of her favorite things included

lilies and wildflowers,

fairies,

feather boas and tiaras and the book

Fancy Nancy. Her mother requested that people attending the funeral dress up in their most wonderful Fancy Hannah clothes and bring flowers that Hannah would have liked. I wish I could have met Hannah. In the next few weeks I will dedicate all my awareness of beauty and wonder in the world to her :)

O Thou most glorious Lord! Make this little maidservant of Thine blessed and happy; cause her to be cherished at the threshold of Thy oneness, and let her drink deep from the cup of Thy love so that she may be filled with rapture and ecstasy and diffuse sweet-scented fragrance. Thou art the Mighty and the Powerful, and Thou art the All-Knowing, the All-Seeing.
'Abdu'l-Baha

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.

I am The Divine Miss Hannah's grandmother. Words cannot express how much our family is touched by your remembering our little Dancing Queen. How will we ever live without her? This is all just too, too hard. While my pain is excruciating, I know that what I am feeling is **nothing** compared to the agony Rachael and Brien are living through. To everyone "out there" who is honoring and remembering Hannah, thank you from the depths of my soul.

Melissa (Rachael's mother)

9:57 AM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Bonita said...

This is a wonderful tribute to the Divine Miss Hannah! The prayer is such a comfort. I'll be reawakened to beauty, too, just like you.

11:35 AM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Rach said...

Very beautiful, thank you. Yes indeed, Hannah loved them all. :o)

6:15 PM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home