Monday, December 01, 2008

Pomegranates


so...my year of waiting is over and the future is brimming with new possibilities. i have been eating lots of pomegranates lately. they are so delicious. can't get enough of them. there is much symbolism connected to pomegranates in various cultures around the world. In various traditions they symbolize..

the fullness of suffering
the sweetness of the heavenly kingdom
the good things that God creates
abundance and good luck
...
fertility and marriage
...

how wonderful that i am surrounded by pomegranates like never before in my life. surely a portent of good things to come

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hi Child of Africa,
Wishing you the very best for this transition. I read your post right before I went grocery shopping so I picked up a pomegranate to give me some good luck! Your photo shows one of my favorite books.
Saying prayers for your happiness,
Anne

10:43 PM, December 01, 2008  
Blogger Phillipe Copeland said...

good luck...hope to see you in stamford

7:37 AM, December 02, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, you seem to be on a good start in this new season of life.

9:45 AM, December 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home